21 Aug

Gazelle, breakfast, part of a workday and then a doctor’s appointment took place on Tuesday! Always love going in and getting a good report and hearing our baby’s heart and now my appointments will start coming every single week, eee! I didn’t have the time or appetite to eat much before the doctor and I’d just had a bowl of grapes so afterwards Zach ran through Arby’s and got me a jr. roast beef which I hadn’t had in ages.

Back to work after that and then to Mom and Dad’s for a Tuesday dinner this week instead of Wednesday. I rode the bike for 30 minutes that included several breaks due to Braxton Hicks contractions! They are definitely coming more frequently these days…preparing for labor?! Mom made us a delicious pizza casserole and fried green tomatoes which I hadn’t had in a long time. It was excellent. Zach and Dad spent the rest of the evening working on building their new porch awning from when that tree took it out and Mom and I took the easy job of watching tv and having ice cream on the couch. I think we had the better end of the deal. 🙂

Tuesday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – oatmeal w/blueberries
  • Lunch – grapes, jr. roast beef
  • Supper – pizza casserole, 3 fried green tomatoes, ice cream

Had some round ligament pain that kept me awake off and on Tuesday night so I wasn’t the most rested come Wednesday morning but I hopped on the gazelle and determined to have a normal productive day anyway. I made PB syrup to dip whole wheat bread in for breakfast and I was excited to have a mango with it as I hadn’t had mangoes in quite awhile. I even took a picture of it since I knew I needed some pictures to fill my posts. Little did I know this mango would be the WORST IDEA EVER. But more on that later…


The day went by in typical fashion and before I knew it I was back at Mom and Dad’s, this time without Zach. He was playing some disc golf and I was there to help Mom color her hair. Her chronic tendonitis is only getting worse and worse and unfortunately it really limits her on some things like keeping her arms up that high for that long a period of time. So I helped her and then she and Dad fed me dinner. 🙂 Pasta to be exact!

Back at home with Zach later we went for a 23 minute neighborhood walk, watched some House and I obsessed in front of the mirror because I noticed a slight redness around my mouth that made me afraid those hideous cold sores were coming back. I treated for them and went to bed hoping I’d caught them in time to nip it in the bud!

Wednesday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – 1 1/2 pcs. ww bread w/PB syrup, mango
  • Lunch – grapes, broccoli + cauliflower w/cheese
  • Supper – 1 breadstick, alfredo

Right after 12am I woke up to go to the bathroom and could just tell my mouth was getting worse. I flipped on a light to put some more medicine on and the sores were definitely worse. They’d spread to cover more of my lips and were getting really itchy. This was unfortunate because when I went back to bed I didn’t fall asleep until after 2am!! It was a combination of my mouth itching a lot, round ligament pain starting up and me stressing out about my mouth. It’s bad enough that this is always awful but to know I had a shower that night, one on Sunday morning AND maternity pictures Sunday had me in a near panic.

I made it through the long night and woke up for work Thursday looking a bit rough. Just like last time (which was early June when John and Heather came for Grandma’s funeral) the sores were on my lips, the corners of my mouth and there was itchy redness outside lips and onto my chin some. I struggled through the workday like normal, gazelle time included and got myself ready for the shower as soon as I was off.

My daycare moms were throwing me one and I did my best with makeup to make myself look as decent as possible. My lips were bothering me some and itching and it was red all around my mouth as though I’d gotten lipstick outside the lines so I looked a little clownish but I couldn’t do anything else! They were so sweet to put this all together for me though that I focused (mostly) on not worrying what I looked like and just enjoying the evening.


My Mom and mom-in-law came too!


Everything was so adorable from the decorations to the cake to the make-your-own italian cream sodas!

IMG_2168 IMG_2171 IMG_2173

We feasted and visited for quite a while just enjoying each others company with none of the children around haha!


Then finally we moved into the living room where I had a present stash set up. 🙂


First though we had activities like the traditional “smelling the diaper” to see what chocolate has been melted inside, always amusing.

IMG_2185 IMG_2188 IMG_2191

Then there was an activity I’d never heard of before but love the idea of! There was a big basket full of newborn diapers and everyone used permanent markers to write on the diapers so when Zach and I are up in the middle of the night changing the baby we see encouraging or funny messages. Things like “Wouldn’t you love to be asleep” or “You’re amazing parents!” and so on. I want to read them all now but I am refraining so I can be surprised. 🙂 Then it was present opening time! Only got a few pictures but everyone got me both necessary items off my registry as well as fun little things they picked out on their own, it was so great!

IMG_2194 IMG_2199

I came away with lots of good stuff for Izzy and felt so special and honored that they did this for me. We left later than I had expected but it was a great night! Came home, barely had any time with Zach before analyzing my ever-growing-worse mouth and taking a benadryll so I could actually sleep. Little did I know what I’d learn the next day…

Thursday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – oatmeal w/apples
  • Lunch – salad
  • Supper – salad, 1 pc. bread, sm. macaroni, sm. lasagna, 1 pc. cake w/ice cream

456.5 miles.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: