28 May

Sorry for the erratic posting, it’s been a hectic week!

Sunday morning Zach had to go off to church first to work sound booth and I got up when he did. It wasn’t until I was up and around that I learned my grandma had passed away. She’d been hanging on by a thin thread for weeks so it didn’t come as a shock and was truly more of a relief than anything knowing that she was finally done suffering and having such poor quality of life. I spent the morning before church talking to Mom and then Heather about plans and began looking at how our week was going to shape up. I am a bit overwhelmed with everything going on right now (not the least of which is the set of awful cold sores + what I think is sun poisoning all around my mouth currently plaguing me) and have so much to do that I hope you will excuse if I bullet point this post a bit!

  • Church
  • Groceries (first week we didn’t need to get Mom’s!)
  • Leftovers + Parks and Rec
  • Zach mowing while I dug out more patio space. We are extending our patio and this was my exercise for the day. 5 months pregnant and wielding a shovel and wheelbarrow and digging up earth for about 45 minutes is no joke!
  • Floating around Ron and Vicki’s pool for an hour (was smart and put sunscreen on the areas that typically burn. was not smart and didn’t put it on the areas that are usually fine. this mistake + my crazy pregnancy body = my current awful state of itchiness and pain)
  • Fishing with the family. Zach’s grandparents have a great pond out at their house and Zach has been wanting to fish for some time. We went out there and Ron and Vicki soon arrived and we made our way around the pond not catching much more than the occasional sunfish with the exception of a small bass Zach snagged. (We throw the fish back in.)



IMG_1032 IMG_1045 IMG_1046

Then near the end of our trip I decided to throw my last worm in one more time and could tell I’d snagged something. Seconds later I was reeling in quite a good sized bass!!

IMG_1050 IMG_1051

A great way to end our fishing trip. 🙂

  • Home to do some cleaning
  • Build a “fort” and play games


  • Order Pizza King and binge watch House a little later into the night than normal because I had the next day off work!

Sunday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – yogurt w/strawberries & granola
  • Lunch – veggie sandwich
  • Supper – 2 1/2 breadsticks, pizza

Memorial Day, aka Monday, we slept in until about 8:30! It wasn’t sleeping in all that much but we’d still went to bed at a decent time the night before. Me “staying up” since I didn’t have to work meant like 10:45. 🙂 It was good to be up and at ’em though because we had a busy day ahead. We found out that John, Heather and Matilda would be getting in that evening which meant the first order of business was to clean, clean, clean. Zach and I tackled just about every house cleaning project we could think of to get everything ready. After a solid couple of hours we needed a break and switched to other productive things- showers, running errands, buying a new garbage disposal and THEN heading to Indy to look at flooring. We went to a store called Lumber Liquidators just to see if they had anything we liked for the nursery and we ended up coming home with enough beautiful wood laminate boards for Izzy’s room! The price was so good and the flooring so perfect that we couldn’t pass it up. I cannot wait to get started on that.

Back at home I was tired but dragged myself off for a 34 minute walk on the Greenway while Zach slaved away installing our new garbage disposal. This turned into a much bigger project than expected and he worked right up until the second we had to go to Mom’s for dinner and he still wasn’t quite done. Since our Wednesday night dinner was out this week due to family being in town and the funeral and such, Mom asked if we wanted to come over and eat food off the grill. It was a perfect evening for grilling out and eating on the back patio! Unfortunately for Mom we were all eat-and-run though. Dad had to go do some work and Zach and I had to get back home before John and Heather arrived. I finished up the cleaning (except the kitchen floor because I totally forgot) and Zach finally finished the disposal right around the time that family showed up. It may not have been the most fun circumstances that brought them here, but we are always so glad to have John and Heather visit!! And especially adorable Matilda. 🙂 They got settled in and put her to bed and Zach took me to get ice cream and we all joined together in the living room for some Planet Earth before calling it a night. I was worn out from the weekend, they were worn out from driving and Zach is never really worn out but he goes to bed with me. 🙂 More updates to come!

Monday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – mango, 1 sl. toast w/PB
  • Lunch – salad
  • Supper – bread, corn on the cob, steak, mac and cheese, small ice cream

283.5 miles.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: