22 May

Well our Memorial Day weekend plans are being shaken up a bit! Every year we head down to Knoxville for a few days of family, fun, good food and great hikes with John and Heather and that was initially the plan this year as well. Unfortunately my dad’s mom (Grandma Mary) has been REALLY sick for quite awhile, as in, we’ve honestly thought she would pass away at any moment for over a month now. This last week has been the worst and it just doesn’t seem possible that she’ll be holding on much longer so instead of us heading down there, John and Heather and Matilda and Aunt Teresa will most likely be heading up HERE this weekend instead. It’s a bummer not to go down for our fun, annual trip but Zach and I are going to make the most of the holiday weekend and do something fun tomorrow + accomplish a lot of house/nursery projects. Hopefully we can swing down there for a quick weekend this summer or something to reclaim some of the good times!!

So Wednesday. If you remember, I had just 6 kids on Monday and 5 kids on Tuesday. Well Wednesday, Wednesday I had 4. !! My class was so small!! It felt like it was the holiday season or something because that is the only time that that many kids are out. Needless to say, we had more of a playing day than a “productive” day. 🙂 Gazelle in the morning and got to use up the very last of a jar of peanut butter by having banana “oatmeal in a jar”. It was wonderful. Then at lunch all day long I’d been planning on making portobello “pizza”. I hadn’t made one in quite some time and they are so good and nutritious (it’s just a giant mushroom cap with lots of veggies and some cheese and tomato sauce cooked under the broiler) so I had Zach buy me some caps. Well when I went to fix lunch they were BOTH bad. 😦 Not a slightly-mushy-but-it-will-be-okay bad but a completely slimy-disintegrating-not-edible type of way. Disappointment. Thinking on my feet I fished out my last whole-wheat mini-tortilla and made my pizza on that instead.



It was good with green peppers and tomatoes and mushrooms and a little mozzarella but it wasn’t quite the same! It barely reached the 60’s Wednesday afternoon and while that would have been a heatwave a couple of months ago, now it is downright chilly! So we stayed inside. It didn’t really matter anyway because I was off work by 4:25!! I legitimately have no idea the last time that happened but it was amazing. 🙂 I went over to Mom’s early because I still had a couple of episodes of Dancing with the Stars to catch up on and on top of that Bachelorette has started up so I have a lot of dvr’d shows to watch over there. I rode the bike for 35 minutes (at the fastest speeds I have yet!) and was able to get almost two whole episodes down.

Zach showed up in time for dinner and Dad was supposed to be there too but called away because they thought Grandma was passing, which has been a common occurrence all week this week. So Zach and I ate pork chops and mashed potatoes and such with just Mom. I only watched a bit more of my show after dinner because then we went home to spend the last couple hours of the night cleaning and organizing the rooms we are working on. At this point the guest room was completely cleared out with the exception of a dresser and chair that we are getting rid of and the bed which will move to the new guest room shortly!

Wednesday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – banana oatmeal
  • Lunch – blueberries, mini ww tortilla “pizza”
  • Supper – salad, mashed potatoes, pork chop, apple tartlet

Thursday, while not as cold as Wednesday, was still rather cool. I also had 5 kids, up one from the day before! What a strange work week it has been… Normal workday, gazelle included and work was immediately followed up with an “eat-what-you-find” dinner. Zach finished off the leftover pasta and I used fridge and freezer items to make a meal. I cooked one of the apple-chicken sausages that I hadn’t used in last week’s recipe and ate it sans bun with ketchup, relish and mustard. Delicious!

Cooler temperature but the sun was out and it wasn’t windy so I went on the Greenway for a 36 minute mostly walk. I say mostly because I did run a half mile of the 2 total miles I did. I left Zach at home working on an e-mail and he was ready for more office cleaning when I got home. We’ve now almost got the room completely ready for the bed, just a few more things to move around plus some boxes of items that Zach wants to try to sell. It feels SO nice for most of the office clutter to be gone!! I am not a person who likes having too much “stuff”. We finally declared the rest of the night for relaxing around 8:30 to watch House and eat Concannon’s treats. We’ve barely had any down-time this week! Hopefully a productive but also fun long weekend ahead…

Thursday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – yogurt w/strawberries and granola
  • Lunch – salad
  • Supper – broccoli, chicken sausage dog (bunless), 1 pc. cheesecake

277 miles. 19 running miles.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: