7 May

That’s right, I am headed to another funeral today. My Great-Grandma passed away Tuesday morning and the viewing + funeral are this evening in Albany. What a roller coaster of highs and lows the last two weeks have been!!

Monday morning I was still in shock that we were having a little girl. I just couldn’t wrap my head around it and still continually referred to the baby as an it instead of a her or she! I did the gazelle and Kori and Shana left sometime that morning. The day progressed like usual, cleaning for Bible study and such, when I got the call I’d been waiting for at nap time. It was my hospital calling with my quad screen results and before I’d even had time to process that I was about to have this conversation, the woman on the other end had already told me that my results were normal and had gotten off the phone. Now I know there can be false negatives just as there are false positives and this doesn’t mean we are 100% in the clear but it makes our chances (which already weren’t too high) SOOO much better. I’ll still be nervous and anxious for the ultrasound next week (1 week from today!) but as for now this was a huge relief. It calmed me down so much and I continually thanked God for such good news! Lunch was a bit of a mess since I only had a few bites of soup left from the night before and ate a little cotton candy from the party then got the phone call and was so excited and not hungry at all. I made myself eat a little fruit but that’s all I could stand at the time!

After work Zach and I went for a 30 minute walk in our neighborhood. The day had been a little rainy where I couldn’t take the kids out, but the evening was beautiful and warm! At Bible study we shared our little girl news, our updated quad screen news and some cotton candy. It’s great to have a tight-knit group of people from church that you can share your heart with and know they care and are praying for you. We decided to get Pizza King for dinner afterward in celebration of our baby girl and negative quad screen. And also because I’d been thinking about it ever since Kori had went there the night before haha! We started our new drama on Netflix- House. This is another that came highly recommended and we enjoyed the first episode. Though it took me the entire time to figure out that one of the female doctors was Zoey from How I Met Your Mother with different hair!

Monday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – 1 pc tst. w/PB, peach
  • Lunch – a few bites of soup, cotton candy, fruit
  • Supper – 2 1/2 breadsticks, 5 pcs. pizza 

Get up, gazelle and get a phone call that my Grandma had passed away was how Tuesday began. The worst part is my mom didn’t specify which grandma at first and another of my grandmas (my dad’s mom) has been very sick for a long time and I thought Mom was talking about her! Terrible when you don’t even know which relative has died. :/ My Grandma Marion was 96 years old though and had lived a loooong, full life. She’d been in a nursing home the past couple of months and was declining rapidly. It was really a relief for her to pass because her quality of life was so poor and so far removed from who she once was that we are being positive and seeing this as a blessing for her!

The rest of Tuesday went normally and it was a nice, WARM day outside and I let the kids go out even though the yard was soggy from the day before still; just too nice to keep them in! Hillary brought me some presents for the baby which were SO sweet and adorable!


After work I went to Goodwill in search of maternity shorts while Zach worked on dinner. I can wear all my shorts and pants still with a hairband but they just aren’t as comfortable and I’m not going to lie, I like the coverage of the high bands on maternity shorts! Unfortunately I had NO luck whatsoever. I only ended up buying a normal pair of shorts in my usual size except they had a stretchy waist instead of buttons and zippers. At least Zach’s cooking process was going better! He made Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Puree from Now Eat This.


Except we realized when eating it that it was pretty much an appetizer, not a main dish. Even worse is that I only bought groceries this week specific to each meal so we didn’t even have a side to go with it!! Oops. Haha! But this was a good recipe for lightening up coconut shrimp. Here’s the stats, no kidding – 1,176 calories down to 178. Wow. The shrimp were covered in unsweetened coconut flakes, whole wheat panko, whole wheat flour and egg whites and the sauce was made from crushed pineapple (unsweetened) with chili garlic sauce.


The puree wasn’t my favorite but the shrimp were rather good! Especially how I ended up repurposing them the next day…

Zach and I were supposed to go for a walk but his Dad showed up to help him get a little tree out of our yard so I took off on my own. Neighborhood walking and reading and talking to God when suddenly I looked up and saw a figure coming toward me who I recognized. It was my husband! 🙂 He’d finished early and walked all over the neighborhood looking for me just so he could join me at the end of my walk. What a sweetheart!! Oh! Typing about him being sweet in that way reminded me that he was doubly sweet because I found this out in the classroom on my desk when I came in from recess in the afternoon-

IMG_0706 IMG_0707

Pink flowers for baby girl. 🙂 We got some cheesecake from Concannon’s, watched Parks and Rec and read in bed until the close of another day.

Tuesday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – juice (spinach, apple, blueberries, and ?)
  • Lunch – egg white veggie scramble, cupcake
  • Supper – coconut shrimp, 1 pc. cheesecake

Wednesday I got good use out of my miniature whole wheat tortillas! After gazelle in the morning I made one with PB&J and then at lunch I used the coconut shrimp to make a particularly good wrap – light mayo, a little pineapple puree, mixed greens, cherry tomatoes and coconut shrimp. Yum! An easy workday with a smaller class and weather above 80 degrees which meant looots of outdoor playtime. 😉 After work I rode the bike at Mom’s for half an hour before we ate a quick dinner with her and Dad. She made us some chicken in a teriyaki sauce with pineapple that was very good over rice! We didn’t stick around after dinner though because it was such a beautiful evening. We went down by the river and walked for 25 minutes, honking at the geese, talking about baby Izzy and everything under the sun. My legs were tired by the time we were done; lots of activity today! Though I didn’t find my lost Fitbit charger until midway through the day so I am only just getting my steps counted again. We had ice cream and watched House and now I do believe I am finally caught back up again. 🙂

Wednesday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – peach, mini PB&J wrap
  • Lunch – mini shrimp wrap, apple w/PB
  • Supper – salad, chicken with rice, 1 scoop ice cream sundae

241 miles.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: