14 Sep

What a healthy, delicious, productive weekend it has been thus far. 🙂 Friday I was feeling even better from my cold and finally got more exercise in. Gazelle in the morning and treadmill at the gym. I did 30 minutes – ran for a mile, walked at an incline, ran for 1/2 a mile, walked at a fast pace for the rest (2.44 miles). I had some down-time at home after my workout which was kind of nice. I wasn’t fixing a meal but Zach wasn’t home yet because he was at a soccer fundraiser. I utilized my time to blog and watch Revenge. 🙂 Every once in awhile it’s nice to have “me” time but then I am always so happy when Zach gets home! We knew we wouldn’t be seeing a whole lot of each other come Saturday and Sunday so we decided to have a date and went to dinner at Barn Brasserie. We hadn’t had dinner there since John and Heather were here! Zach got a shrimp po’ boy and fries-


The shrimp were really good but I didn’t think his sandwich held a candle to mine…


I had a lamb burger with goat cheese and a chipotle glaze and it was fantastic!! A side of poutine and this was one good meal. It was a filling one too! I had half of the burger, half the fries and boxed up the leftovers. Zach ordered a piece of their chess pie of the day (which was lemon) to go because we have always wanted to try their house made chess pie and they never have it when we go. I counted it as an extension of dinner since I wasn’t specifically going out just to pick up a snack (cutting a corner there I suppose :)) and had a few bites of it while we watched Dexter. It was FABULOUS! I love chess pie and haven’t had any in ages. I will definitely order whatever flavor they have the next time it is available! We turned in by 11pm and that was Friday!

Friday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – 1 slice banana bread
  • Lunch – 1 1/2 leftover enchiladas
  • Supper – 1/2 lamb burger, 1/2 poutine, bites of lemon chess pie

Saturday morning I mumbled a mostly asleep good-bye to Zach when he gave me a kiss as he left. He had to be gone allll day at girl’s away games in Mt. Vernon. I used his absence to be very productive! After I slept in that is…. 🙂 I was up at 9:30 which is earlier than last week so I am thinking that hopefully by NEXT Saturday I will be ready to get back up at my old time of 8:30 and go to yoga! I had some breakfast and then went to the Greenway with a book. The temperature was in the upper 50’s which is a huge shock from it being almost 80’s at the beginning of last week. With my fleece and capris on though it was lovely fall weather and I was actually getting warm by the end. I did my usual 4.5 mile stretch and it was wonderful. The sun was out and there were hardly any people and I used my running times to talk to God and enjoy the peace. I ran the first half mile, walked awhile, ran another half mile (the stone markers every half mile are a huge help in knowing distance), walked more, ran another half mile and then walked the rest. One hour and 25 minutes later I was back in the car headed for home.

My afternoon went by in a busy blur. I showered, had lunch, cleaned, made my menu and then decided on a surprise. A surprise for Dad! I knew there was only a small window he would be home between work and having to go play that night so I ran down to Barn Brasserie and picked him up a slice of lemon chess pie to go. Lemon anything is always Dad’s favorite dessert and as soon as I had taken the first bite the night before I just knew Dad would love it! I got to his house just in time to give it to him so he could take it with him. 🙂 I also took over some chocolate banana bread for Mom to try. Then I was out the door busy again!

I was supposed to head straight to the store but got a call from Barn letting me know I’d left my card there. Oops! Good thing they called or I would have been at the store with tons of groceries frantically searching my wallet… Trip back downtown to pick that up and then on to Meijer. When I got back home I cleaned some more and then made a treat for later that night- Tiger Butter Candy. I had torn this “recipe” (if you can call it that) out of a Cooking for Two magazine a long time ago and had yet to make it. It was incredibly simple. I melted 4 TBS of peanut butter with 1/2 C of white chocolate chips until smooth.


I poured that into a loaf pan coated with cooking spray and put it in the freezer. Then I melted 4 TBS of semi-sweet chocolate chips and drizzled this over the top of it and popped it back in the freezer.

IMG_5374 IMG_5375

That was it! I only had time to eat some leftovers quickly and then Mom came by to pick me up. We were headed out to the soccer field for a boy’s home game! It was Mom’s first game of the year and it was a chilly one.


I can’t remember sitting so bundled up this early in September before. Sure hope that’s not a foretelling of the winter to come… Despite the cool temperature, it was a beautiful evening for a game. The sky had lots of pretty colors for us!

IMG_5377 IMG_5381 IMG_5384 IMG_5385

Here’s the “adults” at half-time. They laughed when I called them that because I suppose I am an adult too but to all of them Zach and I will always be “the kids”. 🙂


We lost 2-0 unfortunately but I suppose you can’t win them all. I sat between Mom and my Mother-in-law and sported my new Tiger sweatshirt.


Coaches wife for 5 years and I finally own some Tiger gear haha! When we got home I fixed Zach a shrimp roll and we both had some of the tiger butter candy. Appropriate name for our snack after the Yorktown Tiger’s game!


This stuff is delicious!! Zach said it was kind of like fudge and he’s somewhat right, though it isn’t nearly as thick and it’s a little bit harder. SO good though and so easy too. We were in bed at a decent time yet again which makes it the first weekend since before vacation that I have been so low-key. Much needed!

Saturday’s Food Journal:

  • Breakfast – apple w/PB
  • Lunch – salad w/ leftover shrimp roll filling
  • Supper – small amount of leftover ravioli (the last)
  • Snack – couple pieces of tiger butter candy

785.5/1,400 miles. 160/150 running miles.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: